Do you know why you signed up with Young Living and not some other brand of essential oils out there on the market? We really have SO MUCH to be thankful for when we realize the purity we’ve chosen for our homes. Today I want to spotlight Young Living’s point of difference and share with you what truly sold me on this company.
Did you know that only 2% of essential oils sold in North America are suitable for medicinal purposes, and Young Living makes 98% of them?! The reason Young Living’s oils are so different is a result of their strict, detailed methods of production. With their unmatched standards to obtain the purest, ‘un-messed-with’ plant essences, Young Living Seed to Seal® guarantee ensures that every step from planting to bottling is detailed and controlled. You KNOW where your product is coming from—you can even visit their farms worldwide to see for yourselves! Let’s dive into some even more fun facts about why Young Living is a company you should be proud to be a part of.
Some fun Young Living Facts:
* Soil at Young Living farms is prepared five years in advance by growing alfalfa to naturally increase the nitrogen needed by aromatic plants to produce the highest quality essential oils.
* Young Living farms on land that has not been polluted with herbicides, pesticides, and chemicals for at least 50 years.
* All crops are irrigated using pure mountain water generated from snow melt. Water that is rich with minerals provides essential nutrients to maximize growth.
* All weed control is done by hand or hoe, no chemicals are ever used.
* Young Living is the only company in the US that grows lavender from original seed stock. This is important as therapeutic oils only come from original plant stock not hybrid plants.
* Young Living owns and operates nine farms world wide that are open to the public so you can see the process for yourself!
* Every plant species has to be distilled in a way particular to that plant type. Many distilleries do not monitor their distillation process and as long as an oil comes out smelling acceptable it will be bottled and sold. When a Young Living distilled oil does not meet the standard for levels of active constituents it is thrown out or used for weed control on their farms.
* Young Living has compiled an essential oil retention index and mass spectral reference library that currently contains over 400,000 components. Young Living has more than 1.3 million oil molecule references in their library. It’s the only library of its kind in the world. Using this research reference library, Young Living conducts tests on every batch of essential oil! It’s just one of the ways that we assure that we have the highest quality, pure, GENUINE therapeutic-grade essential oils.
* Purity is what determines the therapeutic activity of an essential oil. If it is not therapeutically active it will not work effectively, therefore you won’t get the benefits you have paid for and deserve. An adulterated essential oil simply can’t compete with the therapeutic power of a pure essential oil, since it will not have a high enough percentage of the necessary active constituents to deliver an effective treatment. There is a lot to be said for focusing on using natural organic ingredients that have not been blended with synthetics. Essential oils that have been adulterated or tampered with are no longer pure, whole, natural substances. Because of Young Living’s commitment to purity and rigorous testing they produce some of the purest essential oils available.* Young Living currently stocks 90 single essential oils and 132 unique essential oil blends (more than any other company)
What does Young Living have that NO OTHER essential oil company has?
* Owns and grows plant materials
* Jointly farms with growers
* Personally distills essential oils
* Tests oil quality while distilling
* Distills using proprietary techniques
* Quality control from the start/seeds
* Personally tests every oil at their labs
* Allows public to tour their farms
* Established in 1994, before any other essential oils company. Young Living Essential Oils are genuine, free of synthetic chemicals, and of unmatched purity. Seed to Seal® is both a promise to you and a reflection of their sense of global stewardship.
With a company truly looking out for our very best interests, why would we ever settle for anything less? To learn more, click here or visit Young Living’s seedtoseal.com.