Mamas, all jokes aside, we are buying illness and it seriously has got to stop.
"ACCORDING TO THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, HALF OF DEATHS AMONG CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS OLD RELATED TO LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS CAN BE DIRECTLY LINKED TO 'PARTICULATE MATTER' PRESENT IN INDOOR AIR POLLUTION." Stats like that stop me in my tracks. They break my heart. We can do better! We HAVE to.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Those candles and air fresheners that smell like pumpkin pie and a crisp fall breeze? Toxic. The cleaners so many of us use? Toxic. JUST NO. If you wouldn't light up a cigarette in your home then you shouldn't be lighting up a scented candle either.
NOT SO FUN FACT: VOC concentrations are up to 10X greater INDOORS than out and we are buying those VOCs in our candles and household products! Friends, I used to burn those candles and scent my house with those scented plug-ins. I have ZERO judgment here! BUT, I have faith that mamas like us will make CHANGES once we know that we are making an AWFUL MISTAKE. Also, once you stop sniffing those toxic chemicals for a while, you'll find they give you a raging headache instantly! That speaks volumes to me.
This was from an article from huffpost.com:
“...certain candles may emit numerous types of potentially hazardous chemicals, such as benzene and toluene. They can cause damage to the brain, lung and central nervous system, as well as cause developmental difficulties.” “I have heard from numerous people who have asthma that they can’t even go into a store if the store sells scented candles, even if they aren’t being burned.”
Steinemann added, “They emit so much fragrance that they can trigger asthma attacks and even migraines.”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
We are seriously spending our money to bring illness into our home! It's insanity! We are buying illness like:
+ Asthma + Respiratory Infections + Skin allergies + Reproductive problems + Developmental problems + Cancer This list is not exhaustive at all. It goes on and on. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ With 100,000 new chemicals on the market over the last 50 years, it's nearly impossible to avoid but every baby step toward TOXIN-FREE LIVING give our children a better chance at health! Our children are exposed to more chemicals in ONE DAY than our grandparents were in their ENTIRE LIFETIME! If you're still buying illness and burning candles, time to rise up and do your family a big, huge favor. Our children deserve our best! Time to know better and do better, mama! WE CAN DO THIS. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I'm gonna throw you an EASY BUTTON to swap our ALL your air fresheners and scented candles. OILS & A DIFFUSER. SMALL STEP. HUGE IMPACT.
Get TONS of ideas for diffuser blends HERE.
Know better. Do better. Feel better.